SPLAT Studio™ has moved! Programming is now at 21 E. Main Street, Annville. Keep visiting this page or SPLAT’s™ Facebook page for pictures and updates of the move. For mailing communication, please send all correspondence to: 21 E. Main Street, Annville, PA 17003.
SPLAT’s™ Hot Off the Press News Releases in The Daily News:
8/01/12 – SPLAT’s™ Hot Off the Press News Release from Mrs. Meghan
While I had hoped to seal the deal before releasing the definitive location of SPLAT’s™ new studio, the media (Lebanon Daily News) got a hold of the story and has plans to put it in print for tomorrow’s release.
For those who attend SPLAT’s art programming you know that the family is at the heart of the art making. With that stated, I have been paying attention to the growing needs expressed by both the children and families. Consequently, the new studio and its location was selected with those needs in mind.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Studio space that will be more than double in size of the current location
- Convenient off street parking
- Restaurants with healthy quick bites for families on the go. Kettering Corner Café, MJ’s and J & S to name a few.
- While parents wait for their children, they can enjoy some quiet time in our local Annville Free Library, shopping at a variety of gift shops or at the Annville Natural Market
- SPLAT’s™ new studio will be in walking distance from LVC’s Suzanne H. Arnold Art Gallery
- Many opportunities for walking field trips that will serve as a catalyst for creative art making
Additionally, I am excited that SPLAT will be a part of Annville’s Historic District. For those who know about the family program SPLAT™ hosted at Bindnagle’s Lutheran Church this past fall that incorporated a hands on art activity, scavenger hunt to learn about the history, art and architecture of the church and a demonstration of an artist showcasing his woodcarving techniques, I am looking for the new studio to support more of this type of programming.
As I contemplated this move and read through the mission statements for both HARB (Historic Annville Review Board) and Annville’s Economic Development Authority, I found that we shared a like mindedness to preserve the history of Annville and to bring commerce to maintain its vitality. It is my hope that not only will SPLAT™ benefit from the plethora of creative programming possibilities available in town but that the community will prosper from SPLAT’s™ operations in Annville.
So it is with great pleasure that I write to inform my SPLAT™ Families that in the coming weeks SPLAT™ will pack its art caddies and move to its new location at 21 East Main Street, Annville. If all goes as planned, I am looking at a move in date sometime in early October. I will keep the updates coming as the plan progresses.
With a heart of gratitude for all the support I receive from all my creative followers!
Meghan Winslow, SPLAT Studio™ Proprietor